JustSoChristmas Day 11
While I don’t wear makeup very often atm I do love any excuse to try out a new look. When I do my makeup I can get stuck in repetition, using the same colour every time or doing the same style. So I decided to really push myself out of my comfort zone and try out dark green eyeshadow. I’m really happy with how the look turned out and I’ll definitely be trying it out again. A lot of people requested for JustSoChristmas that I shared a makeup look post so here it is, keep in mind its totally customizable so if you don’t have the same makeup products don’t stress! Makeup is a form of self-expression so why not put your own twist on it?
- Fill in your eyebrows, I like to go for a more natural look so I used the Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil in shade 3. And used a bit of hairspray on a spoolie to set them in place.
- Apply concealer as a base for your eyeshadow and around your eyebrows to clean up the edges, I used the Tarte Aquacealer in fair.
- Set the concealer with a light cream eyeshadow to prevent your eyeshadow from creasing, I used the shade Matter Of Fact from my Colour Pop Give It To Me Straight Pallet.
- Use a blending brush to blend a light matte tan eyeshadow into your crease, making sure to flick it out into a wing at the end. I used the shade Shooting Star from the Dream St Kathleen Lights X Colour Pop pallet.
- Using the same blending brush apply a matte dark green eyeshadow into your crease and all over your eyelid, making sure to flick it out into a wing at the end. I used the shade Water Bearer.
- Use a wet flat shader brush to pack on a metallic dark green eyeshadow all over your eyelid and crease, making pack it on the wing as well, I used the shade Mermaid Boy.
- Use your finger to apply a sparse gold glitter all over your eyeshadow, you may need some type of glitter adhesive, I used the Wet and Wild Coloricon in Brass so I didn’t need an adhesive.
- Use a black liquid eyeliner to create a wing, I used the Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner in black.
- Wipe away any fallout underneath your eyes before applying concealer, make sure you set the concealer with a powder. I used the NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat pressed powder foundation in ivory.
- Use a smudger brush to smudge matte dark green and metallic dark green eyeshadows along your outer, bottom waterline. And apply a silver metallic eyeshadow in your inner corner and brow bone. For the silver eyeshadow, I used the shade Kaleidoscope.
- Curl your eyelashes before applying mascara, I used the waterproof Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara in black brown.
BASE & LIPS
The rest is pretty self-explanatory and based around your personal preference, so I thought I would just share the products I used.
CONCEALERS: Tarte Aquacealer in fair for highlighting and Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in fair claire for spots.
FOUNDATION: NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat pressed powder foundation in ivory.
HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR: Australis Countour Book and Designer Brand Hi-Lights Illuminator in pearl.
LIPSTICK: Essence Lip Liner in 14 femme fatale and the Essence Ultra Last Instant Colour Lipstick in 12 head to ma toes or Arbonne Smoothed Over Lipstick in magnolia.
– What is your go-to makeup product? Comment down below, I’d love to know! xx