Hey Guys! Since you all loved my last recipe post I thought I would share another one. But it’s a little bit different to my last recipe as this one is perfect for people that are dairy free, gluten free or refined sugar free. It’s also perfect for vegans if you switch the eggs for 2 flax eggs. Having allergies or intolerance’s can really suck sometimes ( trust me I know). So I wanted to create a recipe that is not only super yummy, but is also totally customize able to your diet.
Also this weeks post is a collab with ShiningMia. She creates amazing refined sugar free recipes, as well as shares about living a healthy holistic life. Mia is also sharing a recipe post, so if you want to make some delicious raspberry and coconut bliss balls. Make sure you go and check out her blog here!
- 1 3/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Yogurt
- 2 Eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
- 3/4 Cup Non Dairy Milk
- 1/2 Cup Rice Malt Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries (extra for decoration)
- 1/2 Chocolate Chips (Dairy Free and Sugar Free)
- Coconut Sugar ( To Sprinkle on Top of Muffins)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 125g Lactose Free Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Sweetener of your choice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and line your muffin trays with liners.
- Sift your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl and mix them together.
- In a separate bowl combine your coconut yogurt, eggs, non dairy milk, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Next quickly add in your melted coconut oil and mix well, add in your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and combine them together until well combined.
- Next add your raspberries and choc chips. Gently fold them into your batter.
- Spoon your batter into the muffin liners and top each muffin with a few extra raspberries.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar on top of each muffin and place your muffins into the oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. TIP: Insert a skewer into the center of your muffin, if it comes out clean it is fully cooked.
- In a small mixing bowl add in your cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla extract. Then use a hand mixer to beat then together until smooth. Place your icing into a piping bag and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Once your muffins are cooled, pipe a small amount of cream cheese frosting on top. Finally top each muffin with a fresh raspberry.
TIP: The muffins are best severed fresh, or place your muffins into an air tight container and store them in the fridge, then zapp them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
Make sure you go and check out ShiningMia’s Blog and go show her some love <3 Comment down what recipe you want me to share next. And if you want more allergy friendly recipes? xx